About

The Heroic Fitness Experience is a blog intended to address an epidemic that is sweeping our nation. We will provide systematic solutions for prevention, bread 'n butter cures, and thought provoking insights! Symptoms of this malicious disease include obesity, lack of motivation, and procrastination, just to name a few. You can become infected under your radar, and it spreads like gangrene! People most commonly become infected by eating fruits from the trees of self-indulgence and creative excuses. The epidemic being referred to is LAZYASSITITUS...pronounced lazy-ass-i-titus!


If you think you are infected, don't worry; we've all had it. The key to the cure is doing something about it. By sharing with you the Epic Insights and Adventures happening within the Heroic Fitness Experience, we hope to inform, motivate, and inspire you to build healthy habits that will fight off and prevent this epidemic. The Heroic Fitness Experience desires to provide the delightful daily dose of enthusiastic encouragement you might need to get movin' and marchin' toward your physique transformation destination. Please read, follow, and interact with your Heroic Fitness Experience. Have an Epic Day!




Tuesday, April 19, 2011

...thank you!!!

Yesterday, for my birthday, I got up at 4am, worked out from 5-6am with my trainer, Jeff Jimmo, and went to work, which started a typical day for me. A few of my clients asked me why was I working, or was I going to do anything special for my birthday. When I had a mid morning break, I sat back at my desk and pondered these questions for a few minutes. While at my desk, I heard a loud noise. I looked out of the window, and saw two men repelling down the side of the high-rise office building that I was in. They stopped repelling when they were level with the set of windows on my floor. Each of them had a large suction cup, tied to their waist, that they threw against the windows. The suction cup anchored them to the window, so the wind didn't blow them to far side to side. They were washing the building windows one window at a time. They had started at the top, and they were working their way down the building. It took them between 5-7 minutes to clean one window, depending on the wind gusts. At that moment, I realized two things. The first...I'm soooo grateful that their are people who love washing windows, and anyone that thinks these two men didn't love their job, didn't see them working. The second...I was working on my birthday because it's who I am and what I love being...a person who helps people help themselves. I'm so thankful and grateful that I get to be who I love to be and do what I love to do on my birthday! Thank you to everybody reading this for this...took off early to go out for a small birthday celebration with some friends!


My birthday celebration even turned into an opportunity for me to do what I love to do. The sports bar we ate at had some great tasting, not so great for you, food/beverages and a punching bag machine. My buddies coaxed me into hitting it a few times. While hitting the bag, the lovely young lady, in the video below, approached me. "Will you please teach me how to do it?", she said. "Of course"... was my reply...


enjoy the video...thank you for tuning in...have an Epic Day :)!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment